New procedure of the registration for the Certificate of Entry (COE) for Non-Thai Nationals wish to enter Thailand from January 2021 onwards
Updated Measures on the Entry into Thailand
1. Quarantine Period
All travelers (including those with vaccine certificate) entering Thailand from 6 May 2021 onwards are required to be quarantined no less than 14 days.
1. Travelers whose COE is approved after 1 May 2021 are required to be quarantined no less than 14 days.
2.Travelers whose COE was approved before 1 May 2021:
• Travelers arriving in Thailand between 1 - 5 May 2021:
- travelers who have been vaccinated 14 days before travelling and hold a valid vaccine certificate are required to be quarantined no less than 7 days.
- travelers who have been vaccinated less than 14 days before travelling or do not hold a valid vaccine certificate are required to be quarantined no less than 10 days.
• Travelers arriving in Thailand after 5 May 2021 are required to be quarantines no less than 14 days (Please contact your ASQ/ALQ facility to extend your quarantine period)
*Travelers whose COE was approved, please download the updated COE from coethailand.mfa.go.th
(downloadable from 1 May 2021).
From 1 April 2021, 00.01 hrs. (Thailand time) onwards, (including Japan).
Travellers from countries with cases of COVID-19 variant strains are subjected to 14-day quarantine. (The list of countries with COVID-19 variant strains will be determined and updated by the Ministry of Public Health of Thailand every month. Japan is not included in the list as of 31 March 2021.)
For travellers with vaccine certificate and travelling from countries with no cases of COVID-19 variant strains may be eligible to no less than 7-day quarantine. This condition will only apply to those who have been vaccinated against COVID-19 with a vaccine approved by World Health Organization (WHO) or Ministry of Public Health of Thailand* no less than 14 days before the travelling date. Travellers must present vaccine certificate (an original paper or a print out of online vaccine certificate) to International Port Health Control at the port of arrival, otherwise you may be quarantined for no less than 10 days.
|AstraZeneca COVID-19 (AstraZeneca) |
|AstraZeneca COVID-19 (SK Bioscience (Korea)) |
|CoronaVac (Sinovac Life Science) |
|COVISHIELD (ChAdOx1_nCoV-19) (Serum Institute of India (SII)) |
(Janssen Biotech Inc., a Janssen Pharmaceutical Companies of Johnson & Johnson)
|Moderna COVID-19 (ModernaTX Inc.) |
|Pfizer - BIONTECH COVID-19 (Pfizer Inc.) |
|Sinopharm COVID-19 (The Beijing Institute of Biological Products) |
2. Fit to fly certificate is no longer required.
- Please be informed that Non-Thai Nationals without valid visa, stay permit and reentry permit have to apply and receive visa prior to COE application.
- More information on visa requirements could be found at http://www.thaiconsulate.jp/en/visa-top/
- For visa application appointment at the Royal Thai Consulate-General in Osaka, please visit
- Please be advised that applicant should apply for visa at least three weeks (21 days) before the departure date. A copy of air ticket or e-ticket reservation document is also required.
- Non-Thai Nationals who wish to enter Thailand from January 2021 are required to apply for the certificate of entry (COE) online at https://coethailand.mfa.go.th/
- Please be advised that applicant should apply for COE 10-15 working days before the departure date with complete required documents including visa. The Royal Thai Consulate-General, Osaka may require additional documents and reserves the right to reject incomplete registration.
- Please visit the following links for the guideline and the manual of the Certificate of Entry (COE)
registration (Guideline / Manual)
- Please be reminded that the place of COE registration is related to the port of departure to Thailand, i.e. only the person who will board the international flight from Kansai International Airport to Thailand is eligible to apply for COE at the Royal Thai Consulate-General, Osaka.
- For visitors arriving at Suvarnabhumi Airport and Don Mueang International Airport can undergo quarantine only at Alternative State Quarantine (ASQ) or Alternative Local Quarantine (ALQ) in Chonburi Province or Prachinburi Province.
- Please refer to http://www.hsscovid.com/ for the names of Alternative State Quarantine (ASQ) or Alternative Local Quarantine (ALQ) in Chonburi Province or Prachinburi Province
- Reservation of ASQ or ALQ could be made directly with the ASQ or ALQ or through
(1) https://www.agoda.com/quarantineth (2) https://asq.locanation.com/ (3) https://asq.ascendtravel.com/ (4) https://asqthailand.com/